Cougartip: There comes a time in your life when you just get it. You know exactly who you are and what you bring to the table. You know your strengths and weaknesses and are comfortable in your skin. I refer to this phase as my “age of enlightenment and confidence.”
As I reflect on my life, I know that the choices I made along the way created my path in life. Like most people, I have some regrets and missed opportunities. However, I recognize that my decisions were in my best interests at the time.
Now, as an older and wiser woman, I look back at my life and accept that missed opportunities are just a part of life. I know that hindsight is 20/20 and youth is wasted on the young :). Life decisions are made within the context of your knowledge and experience and without a crystal ball.
I understand and assume full ownership of the decisions and choices that I made. I reconciled my regrets, accept my reality, and embrace the changes in my life that frame my destiny.
The key is to trust and believe that your destiny is inevitable…unless you change. If you allow yourself to continue to evolve in positive ways, you’ll create your optimal destiny. My destiny is here and now. Tomorrow is not promised.
As a Thriving Cougar, I prepare for my next opportunity. I am committed to staying prepared and ready to embrace new opportunities, environments and relationships.
I’m thankful for reaching this “age of enlightenment and confidence” and remain optimistic about future possibilities. As the seasons change, my life continues to evolve. As a Thriving Cougar, I’m always ready and prepared!
Here’s my best advice for women to thrive in their “age of enlightenment and confidence:”
1. Strive to be your best! Continue to enhance yourself mentally, physically and spiritually.
2. Focus on and invest in your strengths, rather than weaknesses or developmental areas, and you’ll receive a far better return on your investment.
3. Set standards for All of your relationships.
Recognize and squash the bloodsuckers!
4. Give freely or not at all. Don’t be a reluctant giver with unrealistic expectations. You’ll just set yourself up for disappointment.
5. Relinquish notions of control. Trust and believe in an omnipotent power.
6. Create a vision for your life and recognize that only you can really see your vision.
7. Develop a flexible action plan to live your vision for your life. Plans must change in response to life so be flexible.
8. Establish and execute priorities each day in accordance with your action plan.
9. Focus on and celebrate your progress along the way.
As I embrace my “age of enlightenment and confidence,” I have a blatant disregard for others’ perceptions of me. I am comfortable in my skin and choose to stay grounded in reality and peace.
I’m committed to the Thriving Cougar Lifestyle!!
How are you living, Cougar?